Monday, November 1, 2010

Apartment and Last Week of Class

As a whole, the Basic group of students did very well on the written exams. It was very easy, and I do not know why i worried about it so much. But, that was the least important part of my week. I moved on Saturday, to a new apartment. Being it's in the Montparnasse district of Paris, this place has a little more going for it than the last place I was in. After crossing the entirety of a metro station, and up 14 floors, you reach me and Afonso's apartment. There's a verse in one of Lil' Waynes songs that says "So high up, I got birds in the condo" this isn't a condo, but there are birds, so I think I'm doing alright. To the north I see Notre Dame, Luxembourg, and The Louvre. To the west, The Eiffel Tower, and La Defense. Quite a view. This will be my home for the extent of my stay here. Which do to certain circumstances, has been extended, if the cooking gods allow, through the length of my stage. On to cooking. Tomorrow, is the second to last of our practical classes for this term. Fried Veal cutlets, Vienna style, with Fresh pasta, and Tomato Concassé, should be fun. Cooking exam is next week. A lot of speculation has been going on as to what the test will be, no one knows. We have been given 10 dishes to study, and of them, a class will get two. Half of that class will get one, the other will get the other. 2 and a half hours to complete the dish. Judgement, and then we ride off into the culinary sunset. For 2 months, until were back for 5 months straight, and then the rest of our lives. I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment