Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Coming Home

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

Brian's coming home. Not out of want, but out of need. Chris Nathan told me it was that pesky Speedy Rewards incident, or maybe it was the fireworks at Lewis, or most logically, my spy of a cat made it happen, but for some reason, I cannot get my work visa. Lots of paperwork was done, pictures taken, bills procured, days of work taken off, and when it came down to it, all I was given was a stern no. Because I could not get my visa, I am technically illegal in France right now, thus, I cannot work. I have 2 more weeks in the country as of right now. I haven't seen much of it since I started working in June, so I shall be sightseeing from now until I leave. Work was work, not that enjoyable, but I learned more than I could ever have imagined, and met some great people. But, it's time to go home, and start over. I couldn't have asked for a better year. Yes, I had my heart broken, lived in the hood, hated school, hurt a lot, and got lost many, many times. But, I also met some of my best friends, got closer with my old ones, grew as a human being, grew as a cook, and found myself again. Do I think I made the right choice coming here? I don't know, but I'm glad I did it either way. I will surely miss it. The next month is full of interviews and stages in various cities in the U.S. If you would like to know where just email or Facebook me, and I will let you know.
"Who woulda thought your shit dilemma of being booted would turn into a shit dilemma of having too many options back here..." - Joseph Harvey. He's right. It'll be good to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment